About the school
The doctoral school at the UJK Kielce is divided into four sections, each of them subsequently divided into disciplines:
- disciplines of the section of Human Sciences: History, Linguistics, and Literary Studies;
- disciplines of the section of Natural Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Earth and environment sciences;
- disciplines of the section of Medical and Health Sciences: Medicine Sciences and Health Sciences;
- disciplines of the section of Social Sciences: Political and Administration Sciences and Legal Sciences.
Basic information about the doctoral school:
- Ph. D. courses at the UJK Kielce are given in Polish and/or in English (full PhD in English is possible).
- The Ph.D. studies last 4 years.
- In the first three years there are courses at different levels: general ones (for all Ph.D. students), courses for a certain section, and courses for the chosen discipline.
- The aim of the doctoral study is that the Ph.D. candidate reaches scientific independence in a her/his area. Within this path, the publication of scientific articles, the use of modern research techniques and instruments, the participation at international conferences and workshops, as well as stages abroad, are required. Moreover, the participation in didactical activities is also part of the Ph.D. education.
Education program at the Doctoral School of Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce