INDIVIDUAL RESEARCH PLAN
Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science
(unified text, Journal of Laws of 2023, item 742, as amended)
- In agreement with the supervisor(s), the doctoral student develops an individual research plan, which includes a schedule for preparing the doctoral thesis, and submits it to the entity running the doctoral school within 12 months from the start of the education. In the case of appointing an assistant supervisor, the plan is submitted after being reviewed by that supervisor.
2. The implementation of the plan is subject to a mid-term evaluation, which takes place halfway through the education period specified in the education program or, in the case of a 6-semester education, during the fourth semester.
The doctoral student is removed from the list of doctoral students in the following cases:
- a negative result of the mid-term evaluation;
- failure to submit the doctoral thesis within the deadline specified in the individual research plan;
- resignation from the education. The doctoral student may be removed from the list of doctoral students in the following cases:
- unsatisfactory progress in preparing the doctoral thesis;
- failure to fulfill obligations as mentioned in Article 207.
1. The education of a doctoral student concludes with the submission of the doctoral thesis.
2. The individual research plan determines the deadline for submitting the doctoral thesis.
Resolution No. 31/2023 of the Senate of Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce dated April 27, 2023 regarding the adoption of the Regulations of the Doctoral School of Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce
§ 4 Individual Research Plan
§ 7 Mid-term Evaluation
- The Committee assesses the midterm implementation of the individual research plan based on:
- the individual research plan;
- the midterm report on the implementation of the individual research plan;
- an interview with the doctoral student.
§ 9 Removal from the List of Doctoral Students
- A doctoral student is struck off the list of doctoral students in the following cases:
- obtaining a negative result in the midterm evaluation;
- failure to submit the doctoral dissertation within the deadline specified in the individual research plan, with the reservation of § 10 para. 1;
- resignation from continuing education in the Doctoral School;
- non-commencement of education;
- violation of the prohibition referred to in art. 200 para. 7 or art. 209 para. 10 of the law;
- disciplinary punishment resulting in expulsion from the Doctoral School.
- A doctoral student may be struck off the list of doctoral students for failure to implement the education program and the individual research plan, in particular:
- failure to submit the individual research plan within the deadline specified in the law;
- unsatisfactory progress in preparing the doctoral dissertation;
- conduct inconsistent with the content of the oath or the regulations of the Doctoral School.
- The decision to strike a doctoral student off the list of doctoral students is made by the director on behalf of the rector.